Vegan Pumpkin Stuffing Cancer-Fighting Recipe
This delicious vegan pumpkin stuffing contains rosemary, sage, mushrooms, and of course pumpkin puree that make this hearty stuffing perfect for Thanksgiving day.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, small dice (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery stalks, small dice (about 2 cups)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, diced (about 8 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, combine olive oil and butter. Add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Add the onions and celery to the mushrooms cook 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the rosemary and sage to the pan and cook 2 minutes until aromatic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the pumpkin and chicken stock to the vegetables and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine bread and pumpkin vegetable mixture. Pour the stuffing into the prepared pan and flatten into an even layer.
- Place the stuffing into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is browned slightly.