Elevate your career with the most comprehensive cancer exercise training program in the
Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification Virtual Training
2021 will be a time for reinventing ourselves, and the fitness industry as we have known it. It’s time to up-level your skill set and position yourself as the local oncology & aging expert.
The Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification 13th Edition will be released in February. New and updated books, videos, and online learning platform with the most up-to-date evidence-based material in the world. Join Andrea Leonard, President and Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute for this CES 4-week immersion program. Beginning March 2, 2021, Andrea will conduct a bi-weekly “live” webinar on Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 25th from 9:00-10:00 a.m. Eastern time. During this time, she will go through the Four modules of the CES Advanced Qualification, teach you how to conduct live virtual assessments, and answer any questions that you may have.
On April 5th, from 9:00-11:00 a.m. Eastern time, Andrea will take you through comprehensive case studies, preparing you for the examination. You will have two attempts at the examination and must receive a passing score of 80% or better to receive your certificate. Once you have passed the examination, you will receive your certificate as a Cancer Exercise Specialist and listing on the CES International Directory.
The Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification is considered the gold-standard in oncology-exercise training worldwide.
Since 1995 we have trained more Cancer Exercise Specialists worldwide than any other organization. The Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification programming covers 26 types of cancer, as well as pediatrics, with special emphasis on breast cancer and breast reconstruction. Our coursework is revised and updated every two years to provide you with the most current, evidence-based material available.
If you are a health or fitness professional, the Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification will allow you to:
Gain an understanding or breast cancer surgery, treatment, and reconstructive procedures
- Gain an understanding of lymphedema; learn how to implement appropriate lymph drainage protocols and learn the appropriate progression of exercises for each client
- Gain an understanding of cancer treatment, the acute and chronic side-effects, and learn the appropriate progression of exercises for each client
- Gain an understanding of the role of nutrition and alcohol intake on cancer prevention
- Gain an understanding of the psychological implications of a cancer diagnosis, the stages of grief, and what it’s like to be a caregiver
- Learn how to conduct a comprehensive physical assessment that includes a postural assessment, goniometric measurements, Trendelenberg Test, Modified Thomas Test, and more
- Learn how to create safe and effective exercise programming, for in-person or virtual training, for individuals or groups. This includes Personal Training, Yoga, Pilates, Aquatics, and Group Exercise and more.