Andrea has personally trained over 17,000 Cancer Exercise Specialists worldwide and has not accepted new clients for the last five years. Her goal for 2023 is to devote a portion of her time to helping cancer patients and survivors reclaim their bodies, energy, self-esteem, strength, and overall quality of life with individualized exercise and nutrition programs.
Andrea Leonard is a 39-year cancer survivor, author of “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors,” world-renowned oncology exercise expert, 2019 PFP Personal Trainer of the Year, Functional Nutrition Graduate Student, and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute.
Andrea will meet with you through ZOOM, Facetime, or WhatsApp and will conduct a comprehensive physical assessment that includes posture, biomechanics, shoulder range of motion, and balance. Andrea will combine the results of the assessment, your personal goals, and the information in your individual health history questionnaire to devise a comprehensive, safe, and effective cancer recovery program just for you!
An individualized exercise program can help you in the following ways:
- Increasing shoulder range of motion
- Correcting muscle imbalances that lead to pain and joint degeneration
- Preventing/managing lymphedema
- Minimizing treatment side-effects and preventing co-morbidities such as osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, lymphedema, and future cancers
- Balance and fall prevention
- Improving strength, flexibility, energy, and cardiorespiratory performance
- Managing stress
- Losing body fat/increasing lean muscle mass
- Returning to, or improving your sport/activity
- Improving mood and minimizing depression