Winter Pumpkin Pasta Bake Cancer-Fighting Recipe
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to the box instructions. Once cooked, drain and place back in pot. Toss with olive oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, milk, gruyere cheese, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Fold in the pasta until everything is combined
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with parmesan cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the middle is warm.