- 10 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries, unsweetened
- 3 medium apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 orange, zest, and juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Ingredients for Whole Grain Crumble Topping
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place cranberries and apples in 9-inch pie dish or baking pan. Add zest, orange juice and brown sugar. Toss well.
- In small bowl, combine oats, flour, hazelnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and salt, if using. Stir in oil with fork to make a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over cranberry-apple filling and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown.