Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
These gluten free pumpkin bars are brimming with heart-healthy fats from almond flour and nut butter.
They’re also naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and infused with nutrient-rich pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie spice adds quintessential fall flavor, and chocolate chips add a layer of sweet decadence.
These bars only take 10 minutes to prepare, and 30-ish minutes to bake. You truly can’t get easier for homemade pumpkin desserts.
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 `cup chocolate chips*
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine; coconut flour, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set thorugh and lightly golden brown on top.
- Cool completely and refrigerator for a minimum of egt hours before cutting into nine pieces. Enjoy!
- Be sure to buy dairy-free chocolate chips of you need the recipe to be 100% dairy-free.
- For a more cake-like texture, swap the coconut flour with 1 cup of oat flour and eliminate the almond milk. I love this version for breakfast.
- Be sure to store these bars in the refrigerator. They are best when eaten cold.
- Experiment with different stir-ins. Dried cranberries, shredded coconut, pecans, and walnuts would all be delicious!